Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Sonntag, 1. Januar 2017

Steampunk Tear-off Calendar for 2017

Hello all, nice to have you here!
First day of the New Year - wow, it´s 2017 already! Can you believe this?
I wish you a happy New Year!

Fitting to it, I want to share with you my Steampunk Tear-off calendar I made for the January challenge over at Country View Challenges. This month the theme is "Anything goes"! Easy, right?
I hope, you will share your artwork with us. You can win a 20£ gift voucher for the shop, so try your luck!


Here you can see, how it looked before:

I put away the calender and the note pad...
and primed the board with Gesso. then I primed the surface with cracking paste primer and added, after that was dry, a thick layer of moss green cracking paste.Into the wet paste I pressed metal gears, mini clock parts, metal flowers and some other parts. I left it to dry completely. - Look at this cracks!
Now I painted the surface with lasur gel in ebony to bring out the cracks and make everything come together.




The access I wiped off with a paper towel

Into the wet lasur gel I sprinkled rust powder and added rust medium in brown, rusted red and yellow. I put out on my terrasse over night and let me surprise with the result next morning..... and I loved it! =)








Here you can see the real rusted panel. Meanwhile I prepared some chipboard gears and a diecut clockface (sizzix Bigz Die,Tim Holtz Weathered Clock). I painted them with DecoArt Acrylic fluids in Paynes Grey, Prussian Blue Hue, Phtalo Turquoise, Cobalt Teal Hue and Quinacridone Gold. On top I smeared some gilding wax, onto the panel too to make some pieces stand out more.


 Then I only had to put all pieces together. I used matte medium to make sure everything stays at it´s place. For some "bling" I added some "Say it in crystals" from Prima here and there - and ready!

Here are some close ups of my panel:










Now I wish you a very happy year ahead and hope, that you find time to join in our January challenge over at Country View Challenges!


22 Kommentare:

  1. You've got me all excited Evelyn! I have some rust powder which has been waiting to be opened... I love the Steampunk vibe and the gorgeous rust in your project and will be CASEing your make.
    Happy New Year!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a great make Evelyn, Happy new year xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. This is amazing Evelyn, I'll also be breaking out my rusting powder now. Have a wonderful 2017 xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Fantastic alteration, Evelyn! Your crackled steampunk background is amazing! Happy New Year!!! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Awesome work evelyn... this is wonderful. Happy new year xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Awesome work evelyn... this is wonderful. Happy new year xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Love this Evelyn. Great textures! Xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Oh, Evelyn! I love this crackled rusted calendar with your steampunk elements! Gorgeous!I would love to know the products you've used for the crackle and rust. Sending wishes for a creative and happy New Year!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Absolutely outstanding! I love mixed media and Steam Punk! Fun project and so well executed! Thanks for strolling down our street at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,, Owner

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. An amazing panel. I absolutely love this. It all looks authentically old and rusty. The finishing touch of the pretty crystals is perfect.
    Thank you for joining in with the December challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Wow this is fabulous. Every day will be a delight. Thank you for linking to January's challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Dieser Steampunk-Kalender ist super geworden mit all den Rost Crackle und Patinae-Effekten.Wow!
    Liebe Grüße
    Sabine

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Absolutely stunning Evelyn so much texture love it !!!

    Hilda xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Ooh, fantastic rusty grunge, Evelyn - that's so cool!
    Alison x

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. ooh my..this is just so fabulous..all the textures going on,the colour palette is amazing..a wonderful entry for our challenge this month at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Oh wow... What a fantastic calendar! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Fantastic alteration. Love all the embellies you have added.
    Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!!
    HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Amazing transformation, love the steampunk theme and all the gorgeous patina, thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo, Deb xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. What a super cool calendar! Love all the textures! NIce job and thanks so much for playing along with Mixed Media Mojo!

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. Hi Evelyn..it's Sandie here from Rhedd's Creative Spirit. You have entered our April challenge, but for some reason the link is broken.
    I have managed to find you as I remembered you had entered our challenge before...please can you re enter your project with your correct link so the team can leave you a comment or two...
    Hugs
    Sandie

    http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/

    AntwortenLöschen